Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Art Prize Grand Rapids, Michigan



So I finally made it downtown Grand Rapids for some bits and pieces of art, installations, sculptures, etc... it was a feast for the eyes. Although, very overwhelming I found it to be very interesting. I love repetition and color so this one caught my eye. This work is done by Jason Hackenwerth, and a talented artist at that. This soft sculpture was made of yes - balloons. It had this very organic, yet structural element to it. It kind of reminded me of biology class or perhaps my daughters medical school reference books. It also seems to depict this sea life influence as well. Packed with color and rythmn it was one not to miss. I think he is a very talented artist and look forward to see where he places in Art Prize. You can check out the works of over 1200 artists at ArtPrize.org If you live in and around the area, stop in and confirm your registration and vote!

No comments:

add to wish list