Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lake Como in Italy





I wanted to share a couple of pics from my travels to Lake Como. It was truly a magical place, absolutely lovely. I went to Italy with my husband on business, by default. I really had to go and make an appearance. The reason I went with hesitation is because I had been to Florence, Venice and Rome a couple of years prior, and although it was a fantastic trip I did not want to go there again during summer months. It's too warm and in those cities that I have visited, they did not have a law in which they (the people) have to pick up after their dogs. Hence use their pooper scoopers! I have this thing about cleanliness, not to mention I don't want to smell and or walk around dog crap in the heat of the day. If the people in New York and Chicago or any other city in America, pick up the poop why can't they! So needless to say I had this awful vision in my head of me dodging crap on all the sidewalks and I wasn't looking forward to it. Upon arriving in Milan, we rented a car and made our way to a wonderful little city called Bergamo and then on to Lago de Maggiore, from there we went to Lake Como. A place where George Clooney calls home. This place was absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't say enough wonderful things about it. I am so glad I didn't let those Italian dogs change my mind on going, and I am so happy that we travelled by car. I loved northern Italy and look forward to going there again someday. I guess what I am trying to say is don't be afraid or don't let a weird experience stop  you from seeing the world. Every place under the sun has some flaw, but we can move past it and enjoy the view!

No comments:

add to wish list