Friday, November 19, 2010

Simple Quiche Simple Life

 I thought I would post this recipe again since it was such a hit last time I posted it. It's such an easy quiche recipe, even I can make it. That is saying alot since I don't cook too often.  The quiche is a great little pairing with arugula, lemon and oil and fruit as well as any other breakfast treats. Try it for breakfast or brunch, you will be glad you did. When I have more than six people I usually make two pies and a large bowl of salad and fruit and voila, breakfast served! Easy easy and easy.


Asparagus Quiche
1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
5 slices of bacon
1 (8 inch) unbaked pie shell
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 eggs
3/4 cup half and half cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and cool.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
Brush pie shells with beaten egg white. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and chopped asparagus into pie shells.
In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Sprinkle swiss cheese over bacon and asparagus. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firm, about 35-40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.


for the salad I put washed and dried arugula or sweet butter lettuce in a large bowl and then add the juice of
one lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. I then add shaved parmesan on top and serve, it's that easy. 


I add grapes and or any other fruit on the side and yummy, what a nice little breakfast!

No comments:

add to wish list