Tuesday, July 7, 2009

With the rain coming and going and the sun shining ever so brightly, the garden is really taking off. This year my son decided to grow a garden so he removed some flowers (in my perenial bed) he didn't like, and planted many seeds and veggie plants. He is 18 and very stubborn, who am I to stand in his way. He was doing something he could follow through the summer, by taking care of it with watering, feeding and pulling weeds. It's amazing to see his excitment everyday watching his garden grow. When he told me what he had done (I was in Chicago) I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I knew somehow it would be a good thing thou, and it has turned out to be an amazing task for him. You know giving him the freedom and responsibility really worked out, now lets hope he does the same thing at college in the fall. He is such a great kid, there arn't too many 18 year old boys that knit, paint, garden and love photography. I'd like to think that by exposing him to many things around the house he has gained a love of the arts and nature. The 4th of July photo is his, and tomorrow I will post his adventure to the park. He is quite the little photographer, he had taken some nice shots of the animals at Binder Park. 
So cool Grant, keep up the good work. 

No comments:

add to wish list