Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th celebration in Harbor Springs, Michigan

We had an awesome holiday in Harbor Springs, Michigan. The town is an absolute blast from the past, at least the parade was. It felt like the old school parade of days gone by. We just absolutely loved it!!!

Harbor Springs is a city in Emmet County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,567 at the 2000 census.

Harbor Springs is in a sheltered bay on the north shore of the Little Traverse Bay on Lake Michigan. The Little Traverse Lighthouseis a historic lighthouse on the Harbor Point peninsula that forms the natural harbor there. M-119 connects with US 31 seven mile east and south at Bay View, with Petoskey just five miles away on the south side of the harbor.

During my holiday in Northern Michigan, I did alot of antiquing, shopping, dining and galleries. I did document some wonderful moments along with awesome ideas. I do love to spend time looking, seeing and absorbing, for my inspiration of course. I then come home and get to work so I don't lose the ideas. By documenting I mean: writing things down, taking pictures and or doing both. I did so enjoy the craft fairs as well, they are top notch in Harbor. One artist that sticks in mind is Rich Branstrom, his fish were amazing!!! He made them from recycled found objects and materials. He also made many other objects d' art. I can't wait to buy one of his pieces. You can find him at    adhocworkshop.com 


No comments:

add to wish list