Monday, February 15, 2010

Birthday Lunch - Cake Design - Inspiration

So on Friday February 12th I took a drive with my dear friend Christy, it was her sisters (my friend) 49th birthday. Saugatuck, Mi is a lovely little coastal town situated two hours NE of Chicago on Lake Michigan. Annie has lived there for nearly 25 years. We love visiting during the winter months, it's quiet, serene and simply lovely. I thought I would share a picture of our delicious cake we indulged in with coffee and giggles. I say giggles, because Christy's husband Rick found the chocolate, days prior and ate the number 9. I am so glad she decided to make the cake and decorate it anyway. Sometimes when things like this happen, you just go with it. It created a funny story and it still came out beautiful. The cake frosting was an old family recipe and I will share it if I can get my hands on it. Oh, and the chocolate was made during our session with a chocolate/pastry chef. This was Christys first attempt in making chocolate decorations. Wow! Did she nail it or what? It was a fun class with our group of the fab five. Our next class is SALSA dancing, yeah baby!!!

No comments:

add to wish list