Tuesday, September 30, 2008

working on next series


whew! I just go ahead and make myself crazy by painting and nonstop painting.I am getting ready for the next series and I am really excited about it! It's for my show up in Bay Harbor, Michigan (so beautiful up there!) I really have grown as an artist since I left this artist group, I was painting with last year. It sucked the life out of me. I read an article this morning written by Robert Genn - Twice Weekly Letter. "Breaking up is hard to do". It really put perspective on why I left the group. I was OK with it, but the group didn't take it appropriately! In taking out their anger they decided as a group to verbally abuse me. It hurt for awhile, but then I got over it and really started growing as an artist :) You really do learn by being hit by the unexpected. In my case, I have learned to get over that fear of the bare white canvas, and embraced it lovingly. Here is a sample of the work for the show at the Gallery on Main in Bay Harbor.

No comments:

add to wish list