Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Embellishing Denim Jeans


 I thought that embellishing a pair of jeans would be fun, and it was. I started stitching and couldn't put the jeans down. I added some silver metallic fabric cut in a rectangle and stitched around it, using a larger needle and embroidery floss. It was fairly easy going through the fabric and jeans using the larger needle.  I was sure not to get too exact I thought that the more random the stitches the more interesting the patch would look. I continued this right in front of the pocket and then switched color of thread to make the pocket stand out. Can you say EASY?


Here in this pic, I repeated the process at the waist band. I added some leather flowers I removed from a pair of leather gloves. Yes, if you know me you know that I love to recycle. I am ready to stitch now! Looks alittle boring so I need to add colorful thread. This is a great way to make an old pair of jeans come to life again.

No comments:

add to wish list