Sunday, February 21, 2010

memories of days gone by - green before green was in!


As i go through my files of pictures, I am always drawn back to my trip to Ireland. I absolutely loved it there. The air fresh and clean, the land green and lush, the people simple and sweet! It was especially sweet in the fact that we took our father back to his land where his grandparents came. It finally felt good having been to the place where it all started. I loved the fact that the irish are very green by default and they don't make a big deal out of it, it just is. The picture above is at a bed and breakfast we had stayed at, in which a sweet elder was hanging clothes to dry. We used Hidden Ireland for our accomodations and were truly thrilled with all of the b & bs. I did however find it interesting that she hung them indoors as opposed to outdoors. I remember my mother hanging clothes outdoors and us kids running through the fresh laundry hanging and swaying. My mother was also green without even knowing, it was the order of the day. Growing up we didn't have a washer and dryer, therefore hanging clothes on the line was the norm. I am very thankful for her knowledge of canning, recycling, repurposing and passing it on to all of us, done by just living and doing. The simple things in life are the most wonderful things in life!

No comments:

add to wish list